The Bike and Brunch Newsletter
Ready. Set. Bike.
The weather is turning, and it's time to ready
yourself to bike again. What do you need to do to get
ready for the new season?
- Look over your bike (or better yet, let someone
else look it over). Things to check: the chain,
to make sure it is not dried out or too dirty;
the tires, they can also dry out (if they're
starting to crack, replace them), also properly
inflate them before your first ride; ditto for
brakes (except for the inflation part).
- Review safe biking procedures: If you haven't
biked in a group, or haven't in a while, remember
- Ride in single file on roads and trails.
Leave a safe distance between yourself
and other riders.
- Signal if you are turning, slowing or
- Always pass on the left; warn others
before you do.
- Alert other riders of cars in front or
back, or other hazards in the road, such
as potholes (in DC?), glass or tree